Laser Diffraction Particle Analyzer
A laser diffraction particle size analyzer is a sophisticated instrument used to measure and analyze the size distribution of particles in a sample.
How Does It Work?
It utilizes laser diffraction technology to determine the particle size by measuring the scattering pattern produced when a laser beam interacts with the particles in the sample. As the laser light passes through the sample, it scatters in different directions depending on the particle size. The analyzer then captures and analyzes this scattering pattern to calculate the particle size distribution, providing information on the range of particle sizes present in the sample, including the median size, mean size, and the percentage of particles within specific size intervals.
Applications of Laser Diffraction Technology
Laser diffraction is used in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, ceramics, food and beverage, pigments, chemicals, and research and development, where precise control of particle size is crucial for product quality and performance.
The features below collectively make laser diffraction instruments powerful tools for particle characterization and are widely used in research, quality control, and process optimization across various industries.
- Laser Light Source: Utilizes a high-intensity laser beam as the light source for particle analysis.
- Optical System: Includes lenses, detectors, and light scattering instruments to capture and analyze the scattered light pattern produced by the particles.
- Measurement Range: Offers a broad range of particle size measurement capabilities, accommodating both micron-sized and sub-micron particles.
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis: Provides detailed information on the size distribution, such as median size, mean size, and percentage of particles within specific size intervals.
- Software Interface: User-friendly software for data collection, visualization, and analysis of particle size distribution results.
- Real-Time Analysis: Enables rapid and real-time measurements, allowing for quick characterization of particle size.
- Multi-Modal Analysis: Capable of analyzing samples with multiple peaks, indicating the presence of different particle populations or particle aggregates.
- High Accuracy and Precision: Delivers precise and reliable measurements for consistent data analysis.
- Wet and Dry Dispersion Options: Offers flexibility in analyzing both wet and dry samples, depending on the application requirements.
- Compliance with Standards: Complies with ISO 13320 and JIS Z 8825-1 laser diffraction and scattering standards, ensuring accurate and traceable results.
- Maintenance and Calibration: Provides easy maintenance routines and calibration procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of measurements over time.